Milpas is a happening neighborhood around the holidays. Here’s the official holiday schedule:
Holiday Storefront Decorating Contest – get those decorations up by Friday December 5th! We award for beauty, brightness, and style. We’ll be judging them at the…
Tree Lighting and Big Holiday Party – Saturday December 6th at 5:00 PM – Rabobank. We’ll light up our Holiday Tree in the Milpas Roundabout, have live music, great food, and loads of fun! To get on the invitation list, please email email@example.com. We’ll be collecting toys at the party and handing them out at the…
61st Annual Milpas Holiday Parade – Saturday December 13th at 5:30 PM. Parade rolls from Canon Perdido to Mason St. Merchants will be putting out hot chocolate and holiday treats for everyone! Parade entry forms are here.
If you’d like to be part of putting all this together, please join the Milpas Holiday Committee. Call 805 636 0475 for more info!
The Holiday Parade rolls down Milpas St at 5:30 PM on December 13, 2014. We welcome floats, marching teams, marching bands, dance teams, marshal arts, and cultural groups.
1. All entries must be lit! You can buy battery-operated light strands, but in order to be visible at night, some lighting for your float / team / group is advised.
2. Provide a 100-word script to us so we can announce your team. Script is required in Spanish, but if you cannot translate, get it to us by December 1st, 2014 so we have time to get it translated for you. Email scripts to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Car clubs – the $100 entry fee is for the entire club, not per car.
4. Be at the parade start at Canon Perdido no later than 5:00 PM to get in the line-up.
5. NO THROWING ANYTHING! If you want to hand out candy, have walkers positioned at the edges of the street to hand it out. For safety reasons, you must not throw anything at parade spectators.
6. March down the center of the street.
Get Parade Entry Forms Here: Parade Entry Form 2014
Come see why Milpas is Santa Barbara’s Eat Street! We’ve got an amazing culinary culture on Milpas!
Santa Barbara Independent’s “Foodie” award winner The Shop Cafe:
Cesar’s Place with their amazing shrimp cocktail!
Pam at Your Place Thai:
Christian at Los Agaves:
Santos Guzman of El Bajio
Find out more by visiting our Taste of Milpas page!
Milpas wins national neighborhood title: First place for social revitalization!