The parade rolls on Saturday December 13th, 2014 at 5:30 PM down Milpas, starting at Canon Perdido, and ending at Mason St.
Theme this year: A December to Remember!
To enter the parade:
Form is here: Parade Entry Form 2014
Print and postmark by December 7, 2014. Please submit a script of 3-4 sentences describing your organization or school, and what makes you special!
In the Milpas Holiday Parade, you are welcomed to light up your entry, turn up the volume on your music, dance in the streets, and put on a great show!
Want to volunteer? Call 805 636 0475 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll be happy to have you!
Storefronts will be decorated as part of our new Milpas Storefront Holiday Decorating Contest. Everyone will be on the street cheering, so let’s make this one our best ever for our 61st!
Milpas is a happening neighborhood around the holidays. Here’s the official holiday schedule:
Holiday Storefront Decorating Contest – get those decorations up by Friday December 5th! We award for beauty, brightness, and style.
Solar-Powered Christmas Tree in the Roundabout – Thank you to the Santa Barbara City Firefighters Association for donating our Christmas tree! We’ll be in the roundabout in the wee hours of December 5th to get the tree up and decorated!
61st Annual Milpas Holiday Parade – Saturday December 13th at 5:30 PM. Parade rolls from Canon Perdido to Mason St. Merchants will be putting out hot chocolate and holiday treats for everyone! For more info, click here.
Kids Day at the EyeGlass Factory December 14th 9 AM to 1 PM – Rick Feldman of the Eyeglass Factory provides free eye exams, eyecare and eyeglasses to kids from all over the community! It’s the 20th anniversary of this wonderful event for children in our community! Health screenings are available, along with treats and a visit from Santa! Fresh fruits and veggies provided by Tri County Produce.
If you’d like to be part of putting all this together, please join the Milpas Holiday Committee. Call 805 636 0475 for more info!
The Holiday Parade rolls down Milpas St at 5:30 PM on December 13, 2014. We welcome floats, marching teams, marching bands, dance teams, marshal arts, and cultural groups.
1. All entries must be lit! You can buy battery-operated light strands, but in order to be visible at night, some lighting for your float / team / group is advised.
2. Provide a 100-word script to us so we can announce your team. Script is required in Spanish, but if you cannot translate, get it to us by December 1st, 2014 so we have time to get it translated for you. Email scripts to email@example.com.
3. Car clubs – the $100 entry fee is for the entire club, not per car.
4. Be at the parade start at Canon Perdido no later than 5:00 PM to get in the line-up.
5. NO THROWING ANYTHING! If you want to hand out candy, have walkers positioned at the edges of the street to hand it out. For safety reasons, you must not throw anything at parade spectators.
6. March down the center of the street.
Get Parade Entry Forms Here: Parade Entry Form 2014
Come see why Milpas is Santa Barbara’s Eat Street! We’ve got an amazing culinary culture on Milpas!
Santa Barbara Independent’s “Foodie” award winner The Shop Cafe:
Cesar’s Place with their amazing shrimp cocktail!
Pam at Your Place Thai:
Christian at Los Agaves:
Santos Guzman of El Bajio
Find out more by visiting our Taste of Milpas page!