Milpas loves doing the holidays, and has a great track record of providing vibrant decorations, a fun, crowd-pleasing holiday parade, the city’s first solar-powered Christmas Tree in the Milpas Roundabout, and a neighborhood holiday party.
We are self-funded by our community, and we love the spirit and love they put into the holidays. However, nothing is free.
The following is what it costs us to put on the holidays on Milpas:
1. Milpas Holiday Starlights: $9,000 to install and remove, including annual maintenance. This provides for 60 starlights mounted on the light poles along Milpas from Canon Perdido to Calle Puerto Vallarta.
2. Milpas Christmas Tree in the Roundabout: $800 -TREE PURCHASE ONLY
3. Solar-Powered Lighting for Milpas Christmas Tree in Roundabout: $750 – solar equipment needs upgrading
4. Milpas Holiday Parade: This Year’s Theme: Community Heroes: $3,000 – permits, insurance and advertising
5. Community Holiday Party: $850 – food and beverage: donated from local businesses
Would YOU like to help provide holiday celebrations along Milpas? We welcome your participation and support. We could not do it without the love and support of our community! We welcome you to come to our Holiday Committee meeting and help plan it and put it all together. We meet Mondays at Visiting Nurse’s and Hospice, at the corner of Montecito and Salsipuedes, at 5:30 PM
Donate! You can sponsor the Holidays on Milpas. There are multiple contribution levels to match every budget, and you can select what you’d like to fund.
For sponsoring the holidays on Milpas, we’ll provide you with a large “Proud Sponsor” poster and thank you in an ad to run in the Santa Barbara NewsPress. You’ll also be thanked on air multiple times during the Milpas Holiday Parade.
Thank you so much!